Portobello Mushroom Caramelized Onion and Feta Cappelletti with Zesty Zucchini
25 Minutes Prep
This Italian meal is founded on rich flavours like mushroom, caramelised onion and mint leaves. It’s so irresistible that this cappelletti recipe will quickly become a family favourite.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ¹⁄₂ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Juiced and finely grated rind of a lemon
- Small handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Small handful parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 280g Latina™ Fresh Portobello Mushroom, Caramelized Onion & Feta Cappelletti
- To serve: Ricotta cheese
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan, over medium-high heat; add zucchini in two batches, so as not to over crowd the pan. Toss and cook until golden, remove with a slotted spoon repeat with remaining zucchini. Add garlic cook for 1 – 2 minutes stirring occasionally, add almonds, lemon juice and rind and chopped herbs. Return zucchini to pan.
- Add cappelletti to a large pot of boiling water. Cook for 4 minutes, drain and toss with zucchini mixture. Top with a generous serve of crumbled ricotta cheese.