Chicken, Mushroom & Leek Lasagne
1 Hour Prep
Using Latina™ Fresh lasagne sheets, this delicious chicken, mushroom and leek lasagne recipe is sure to be a family favourite, serves 6.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter (40g)
- 2 leeks trimmed, halved, washed well and finely sliced
- 300g sliced Swiss Brown and/or Button mushrooms
- ¹⁄4 cup plain flour (60g)
- 300 ml milk
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 375g packet Latina™ Fresh Lasagne Sheets
- 1 store bought BBQ chicken, chopped with skin and bones discarded
- ¹⁄₂ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 180° C (160° C fan-forced). Heat oil and butter in a large non-stick frying pan over low heat until butter is melted. Add leeks, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for a further 5-10 minutes or until mushrooms and leeks are tender. Add flour, cook, stirring for a minute. Gradually stir in milk and cream and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is thickened slightly.
- Remove leek mixture from the heat and stir through the chicken and parmesan cheese. Spoon a little of the chicken sauce into the base of a lightly greased (3 litre capacity) ovenproof dish. Layer Latina™ Fresh Lasagne Sheets with a quarter of the sauce. Repeat with remaining sauce and lasagne sheets, ending with lasagne. Sprinkle mozzarella over the top.
- Lightly grease a sheet of foil, cover baking dish tightly, greased side down. Bake for 40 minutes, then remove foil and bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender and lasagne top lightly browned. Serve with a green side salad.