Barbeque Chicken, Mushroom and Pesto Lasagne
1 Hour Prep
Pesto is the go for this barbeque chicken lasagne – perfect for when you’re looking to put a twist on tradition.
- Olive oil
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ barbequed chicken, skin and bones removed, shredded
- 220g store bought chunky basil pesto
- 400g ricotta cheese
- 200g mascarpone cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 375g packet Latina™ Fresh Lasagne Sheets
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°fan forced). Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and cook mushrooms for 4-5 minutes, until tender and just beginning to release juices. Add parsley and stir through. Remove to a bowl. Add the chicken and pesto.
- In another bowl combine the chesses.
- Layer one third of the chicken mixture in a deep 30cmx20cm ovenproof dish followed by a layer of lasagne sheets, one third of the cheeses, more lasagne sheets, then 2 layers of chicken mixture and lasagne sheets. Finish with the remaining two thirds of cheeses, spread evenly and pressed down to cover the top layer of lasagna sheets.
- Cover the dish with baking paper and foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and paper and bake a further 10-15 minutes, or until the top is golden. Remove from oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve this simple barbeque chicken lasagne with rocket and tomato salad.