Chicken Meatballs With Fettuccine
30 Minutes Prep
- 400g chicken mince
- 2 tablespoons prepared tomato pesto
- Handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- Salt & pepper
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 700g tomato passata
- Fresh basil leaves
- 375g pack Latina™ Fresh Egg Fettuccine
- Place all the chicken meatball ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly by hand. Shape into bite sized meatballs – it’s great if there are extra hands to help do this.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large pan over medium heat and add some chicken meatballs to brown all over. Brown meatballs in batches, then set aside. Leave a little space in between – a crowded pan will stew instead of browning. They will cook again later, so don’t worry about cooking them through at this stage.
- To make the sauce, use the same pan over low heat and add a little more oil to cook the onion. Scrape up the brown bits from the base of the pan as the onion cooks, this will add flavour to your sauce. Add passata, a pinch of salt, basil and ½ cup water to the pan and stir. Cook for a few minutes, then return the chicken meatballs to the pan and cook, covered, for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the Latina™ Fresh Fettuccine to a large pot of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes or until al dente. Drain and stir fettuccine through the sauce in the pan.
- Serve the fettuccine and chicken meatballs with a fresh green salad and crusty bread.