Basil & Tomato-filled Lamb
Latina™ Fresh tangy and tasty Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce matches perfectly with tender lamb and fresh basil and makes a great basting ingredient. Wonderfully served with Agnolotti, Roasted Pumpkin and Feta Salad, this recipe only takes 20 minutes and serves 4 people.
- 2 lamb back straps (about 250g each)
- ¹⁄₂ 425g tub Latina™ Fresh Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Sauce
- ¹⁄4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Spray olive oil
- Slice lamb back straps in half horizontally by holding knife parallel to the board and slicing lengthways through lamb. Place the four lamb pieces between sheets of plastic wrap and flatten gently with the flat side of a meat mallet.
- Brush top of each slice of lamb with one tablespoon of Latina™ Fresh Creamy Sundried Tomato Sauce. Lay whole basil leaves on half of each lamb slice.
- Fold lamb over to sandwich the basil and press down to seal. Spray lightly with olive oil.
- Cook on barbecue hotplate or grill for 1½ – 2 minutes each side, depending on thickness. Baste with remaining sauce during cooking. Serve with salad.