Chicken & Chorizo in Italian Tomato & Garlic Sauce
45 Minutes Prep
This fresh Mediterranean inspired dish teams the unique flavours of chorizo, capsicum and olives for a result that’s simply delicious. This recipe takes just 45 minutes and serves 6 people.
- 425g Latina™ Fresh Italian Tomato & Garlic Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kg chicken drummettes
- 1 thinly sliced chorizo sausage
- 1 thinly sliced medium onion
- 1 thinly sliced medium red capsicum
- 1 cup water
- 50g whole pitted black olives
- 2 cups rice to serve
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy based pan. Brown drumettes and chorizo over high heat. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce heat, add onion and capsicum to pan and cook over medium heat for 1 – 2 minutes or until onion softens.
- Return chicken and chorizo to pan with Latina™ Fresh Italian Tomato & Garlic Sauce and water. Simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir through olives just before serving.
- Serve over rice, garnish with parsley.