4 Hours 15 Minutes Total
Mex it up with this Mexican Lasagne. We’re talking pulled beef, roasted capsicum and chipotle peppers layered between our irresistible Latina™ Fresh Lasagne Sheets. Arriba!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kg beef blade roast
- 2 yellow capsicums, stems and seeds removed
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 700g tub Latina™ Fresh Italian Tomato & Garlic Sauce
- 375g Latina™ Fresh Lasagne sheets
- 400g crème fraiche
- 250g grated mozzarella cheese
- ¹⁄4 cup grated Manchego or Parmesan cheese
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof casserole dish over high heat. Add beef and cook on all sides until well browned. Add capsicums, chipotle chiles and Latina™ Fresh Sauce. Cover dish and bake in the oven for 3 hours.
- Using 2 forks, shred the beef, capsicums and chiles and stir into the sauce.
- In a large bowl, whisk the crème fraiche with ¹⁄4 cup of water.
- To make the lasagne, spread a layer of sauce on the base of a 2.5L lasagne dish. Cover with a lasagne sheet, trim to fit the dish, and another layer of sauce. Add another lasagne sheet, and then spread with half the mozzarella and half the crème fraiche. Continue to layer lasagne sheets and remaining sauce, and finish with a layer of mozzarella cheese, crème fraiche and sprinkle with Manchego cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the lasagne is bubbling and the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and rest for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves to serve.