Kids Beef & Vegetable Mini Ravioli With Tomato Sauce
25 Minutes Prep
A delightful dish your mini-me will love. And the best part? It only takes moments to whip together.
- Olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 700g tomato passata
- 6 fresh whole dried basil leaves, extra to garnish
- Sea salt flakes
- Latina™ Fresh Kids Beef & Vegetable Mini Ravioli
- Grated Colby or Parmesan cheese to serve
- Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 – 10 minutes until very soft and a light golden colour. It can help to keep the lid on, or add a tablespoon of water occasionally if the onion is browning too quickly.
- Add passata, ½ cup water, basil leaves and a pinch of salt flakes. Increase the heat to medium until it just starts to boil, then reduce to low and cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the Latina™ Fresh Kids Mini Ravioli to a medium sized pot of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes then drain.
- Serve ravioli with sauce and cheese and garnish with fresh basil.
- If any sauce remains it is great on pizza bases, or can be frozen for later use.