Blue Cheese, Prosciutto and Rocket Lasagne
30 Minutes Prep
1 Hour 45 Minutes Total
This ultra-luxe lasagne brings together creamy carbonara sauce, prosciutto, baby rocket and three cheeses for a showstopping supper that comes together quickly with Latina™ Fresh lasagne sheets and sauce.
- Cooking spray, for greasing
- 250g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 100g shredded Parmesan cheese
- 250ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 425g Latina™ Fresh Creamy Carbonara Sauce
- 375g pack Latina™ Fresh Classic Lasagne Sheets
- 160g prosciutto (8-12 slices)
- 120g baby rocket
- 100g blue cheese, crumbled
- Fresh basil leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Lightly grease a 20cm x 30cm (3-litre capacity) ovenproof dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mozzarella and half the Parmesan with the milk, egg and Italian herbs. Set aside for 10 minutes. Stir before using.
- Spread a fifth of the carbonara sauce in the base of the prepared dish. Layer 2 lasagne sheets over the sauce, cutting to fit if necessary. Top with a third each of the cheese mixture, prosciutto and rocket. Spoon a fifth of the sauce over the rocket. Repeat the layers, finishing with a final layer of sauce. Top with the remaining Parmesan.
- Cover with lightly greased foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil, scatter over the blue cheese and bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with basil leaves, if you like.
- To add an extra tangy flavour to this super-decadent lasagne, top with a drizzle of fresh lemon juice and mustard. In a small bowl, beat 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard with fork until combined. Drizzle over the baked lasagne. Or serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
- Make the meal more substantial by serving with a side salad dressed in a lemon and herb vinaigrette.
- Baby spinach can be used in place of the rocket.