Microwave Mug Lasagne
When would you ever make lasagne for one person? When you can make it in a mug in the microwave, of course! This quick recipe uses one sheet of Latina™ Fresh lasagne and sauce, plus cheese and seasoning for a super-satisfying, yet simple twist on the classic lasagne bake.
- 500ml water
- 1 Latina™ Fresh Classic Lasagne Sheet (from 375g pack)
- 100g ricotta cheese
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray, for greasing
- 8 tablespoons Latina™ Fresh Italian Style Tomato & Garlic Sauce (from 425g tub)
- Heat 500ml water in a kettle until boiling. Meanwhile, using kitchen scissors, cut the lasagne sheet in half lengthwise. Roll up and place one half inside each of two 400ml mugs, then pour 250ml water into each of the mugs. Cover each with a small plate and set aside to soften for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the ricotta with 25g grated Parmesan and the Italian herbs and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Drain the pasta and pat dry. Dry the mugs and spray with cooking spray. Spoon 1 1/2 teaspoons of the tomato and garlic sauce into the bottom of each mug.
- Spoon half of the ricotta mixture on one halved lasagne sheet and carefully spread. Top with 2 more tablespoons of the sauce. Top with the remaining halved lasagne sheet. Spread with the remaining ricotta mixture and another 2 tablespoons of the sauce. Cut in half crosswise. Roll up each lasagne and place one inside each mug. Spoon over the remaining sauce.
- Cover each mug with a small plate. Microwave each mug on High for 2-4 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked through and the mixture is steaming. Carefully handle the mugs and plates; they will be hot. Remove the plates and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan to serve.
- For extra Italian flavour, scatter with chopped fresh basil or parsley leaves.
- Like a little heat? Add 1/8 teaspoon dried chilli flakes to the sauce.
- We tested this recipe in several different-sized mugs. The 400ml-capacity mug was the best fit because it can hold enough water along with the pasta.