Prosciutto Cappelletti With Vodka, Cherry Tomato And Hot Smoked Salmon Sauce
15 Minutes Prep
Start with succulent salmon, sweet cherry tomatoes, a touch of spice, a few shots of vodka and you’ve got yourself a saucy meal perfect for date-night.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch of dried chili flakes
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup vodka
- 1 cup tomato passata
- ¼ cup cream
- 100g hot-smoked salmon, skin removed and flaked
- Handful chopped Italian parsley
- 280g pack Latina™ Fresh Prosciutto, Ricotta & Basil Cappelletti
- Heat oil and butter in a medium sized pan over medium/low heat and cook onion until soft. Add garlic and chili flakes and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add tomatoes and allow them to fry for a minute until softened. Add vodka (whichever Vodka you decide to cook with), cook for 30 seconds to allow the Vodka to evaporate, then add passata. Cook for a few minutes until reduced slightly, stir in cream, salmon flakes and half the parsley.
Add cappelletti to a large pot of boiling water and cook for 4 minutes then drain. Add the cappelletti to the pan of sauce and gently stir through before serving. Garnish with remaining parsley.
*This recipe contains 1.53% alcohol content when using Vodka with 38% alcohol volume
- Hot-smoked salmon is smoked and roasted and will flake into delicious smoky chunks. Available in supermarket dairy cases.