Gluten-Free Butternut Pumpkin Lasagne
30 Minutes Prep
1 Hour 30 Minutes Total
This meatless, gluten-free lasagne feels decadent, but it’s loaded with tasty veg ingredients like butternut pumpkin and baby spinach.
- 20g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 500g peeled, deseeded and diced butternut pumpkin
- 125ml milk
- 250g feta cheese, crumbled
- 200g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 280g pack Latina™ Fresh Gluten Free Lasagne Sheets
- 120g fresh baby spinach
- Chopped fresh parsley or thyme leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Lightly grease a 20cm x 30cm (3-litre capacity) ovenproof dish.
- Combine the pumpkin and milk in a large microwavable bowl; cover with microwave-safe cling wrap, then pierce with a fork. Microwave on High for 8-10 minutes, or until very soft, stirring twice. Carefully handle the bowl; it will be hot. Using a potato masher, mash until smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the feta cheese and half the mozzarella cheese with the egg, Italian herbs and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Spread a quarter of the pumpkin mixture in the base of the prepared dish; top with 3 lasagne sheets, cutting to fit if necessary. Top with a third of each of the cheese mixture and spinach. Spoon a quarter of the pumpkin mixture over the spinach. Repeat the layers, finishing with a final layer of 3 lasagne sheets.
- Brush with the 20g melted butter. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella. Cover with lightly greased foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for a further 5-10 minutes or until the top is golden and the centre of the lasagne is hot.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley or thyme, if you like.
- To save time on prep, purchase diced, peeled butternut pumpkin from the supermarket. It often comes in 500g packs.
- Baby rocket can be used in place of the baby spinach.
- Goat’s cheese can be used in place of the feta cheese.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.