Fettuccine & Summer Sauce with Prawns
30 Minutes Prep
At Latina™ Fresh, we like to enjoy delicious summer-inspired pastas all year round. Packed with a crisp lemon punch, this authentic Italian dish is perfect for long Sunday lunches.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed cut into three
- 1 leek washed, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup (loosely packed) flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup (firmly packed) mint, finely chopped
- ½ cup (firmly packed) basil, finely chopped
- ¹⁄3 (80ml) cup olive oil
- ½ - 1 long red chili, finely chopped (optional)
- Finely grated zest of a lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 250g peeled green prawns
- 375g Latina™ Fresh Egg Fettuccine
- Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat (or preheat BBQ griddle). Add asparagus, leeks and garlic. Cook turning occasionally until brown (2-3 minutes).
- To make summer sauce, combine ingredients in a large bowl add cooked vegetables and set aside. Return pan to heat, add prawns and cook over high heat for 2-3 minutes or until they change colour and are just cooked through.
- Add Latina™ Fresh Fettuccine to a large pot of boiling water. Cook fettuccine, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until al dente. Drain and toss through summer sauce, serve topped with prawns.